Register for the Conference
In 2023 ESI will hold our first ESI Business Development Conference, an in-person event that will immerse attendees in training, education, sales ideas, and networking sessions. Let’s take your business to the next level!
Dates and Location
The Business Development Conference will be held August 27-29, 2023 at the Westin Alexandria Old Town, Virginia. The conference timeline is structured as follows:
Sunday, August 27 – Welcome Reception in the evening
Monday, August 28 – Full day of sessions
Tuesday, August 29 – Sessions until 3:00pm EST
Costs and Attendees
There are no qualifications to attend this conference, but attendees will be responsible for their own travel and hotel costs. Note that we will be offering a reduced room rate, and ESI will cover expenses for dinner on 8/27, breakfast and lunch on 8/28, and breakfast and lunch on 8/29. If you choose to arrive early or stay a couple of days late, the reduced room rate will apply from 8/24/23 – 9/2/23.
The event has been developed for Reps who are still building their experience and investment knowledge, and are looking for operational, technology, sales, marketing, and practice management training. The conference is open to all ESI Reps, Office Managers, and Administrative Staff, and attendance will be limited to the first 100 registrants.
Strategic Partners and Technology Partners will be participating as well. We’ll provide you with a list of Partner attendees prior to the event so that you can come prepared with your product/technology questions or even schedule time ahead of the conference.
To reserve a spot, Register Here. You will be able to reserve a room at our discounted rate through the registration site, if preferred.
Questions? Contact ESIBusinessDevelopment@NationalLife.com .
What Makes This Conference Different?
ESI recognizes the hard work that goes into establishing and building your business; this conference is designed to help you accelerate that process. Many of the sessions are interactive, and you are strongly encouraged to bring your laptop in order to be able to fully participate.
Mainstage presentations and three consecutive “tracks” (note that attendees do not have to adhere to just one track):
- Operations and Technology Track
- Sales and Marketing Track
- Practice Management Track
Below are examples of the types of sessions we’ll be offering. A final agenda will be released soon.
– Practice Management Ideas to Build Your Business
– Creating Your Marketing Plan: Increasing Sales and Engaging Clients
– The Impact and Opportunities of a Low Interest Rate Environment
– Docupace 101: Docupace for Beginners
– Navigating Wealthscape: Key Functionality and Reporting to Help You Be More Efficient
– Opportunities in the Business Owner Market
– How to Generate Referrals
– How to Avoid NIGO
– Illuminations 101: Using the Platform to Build your Advisory Business
– How to Make Technology Work for Your Business
– Best Practice Roundtables/Rep panels
Questions? Contact ESIBusinessDevelopment@NationalLife.com.